To avoid the spread of coronavirus to vulnerable shoppers and elderly folks, local grocery stores have begun implementing special hours for these residents. These hours are as follows (as of March 24). Please contact your local store before visiting to confirm. Note: Some stores offer home delivery and/or curbside pickup. Check stores’ websites.
- Albertsons/Safeway/Von’s: Tuesday and Thursday from 7am to 9am. For more information visit local.safeway.com
- Costco: Tuesday and Thursday from 8am-9am, including pharmacy
- Food-4-Less: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 7am – 7:30am
- Mother’s Market: Wednesday from 6am to 7am for “elderly, disabled, those with compromised immune systems, chemo patients, etc.” Also offering free home delivery with promo code FREE4SENIORS.
- Ralphs: Exclusive for Seniors 60 and older – 7am to 7:30am
- Target: Wednesday the first hour of operation from 8am to 9am is designated for vulnerable guests.
- Trader Joe’s: Daily from 9am to 10am with separate lines for these shoppers.
- Walgreens: Tuesday from 8am to 9am. This time also available to caregivers and immediate family.
- Walmart: Tuesday from 6am to 7am from March 24 through April 28.
- Whole Foods: An hour before opening for 60 and older, which is 7am in most Orange County stores
Also, Fullerton’s Every Wednesday Certified Farmers Market reopened at its temporary new location in the Fullerton Public Library parking lot at Amerige entrance on March 25 from 8am to 1pm. Social distancing standards will be observed. Call 714-871-5304 on Wednesdays for more information. The Library is located at 353 W Commonwealth.
Categories: Local News