In accordance with Governor Newsom’s “Safer at Home” order to slow the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), effective Friday, March 20th, Fullerton will implement additional temporary changes to City government functions.
The “Safer at Home” order directs all residents to stay at home until further notice and to limit activity to only the most essential needs, such as medical care and grocery shopping. The complete State and orders are available online for the public to view.
The following City facilities are closed to the public:
• Fullerton City Hall
• Fullerton Airport
• Fullerton Maintenance Yard
• Fullerton Public Library
• Fullerton Community Center
• Fullerton Museum Center
• Chapman Center
• Gilbert Community Center
• Garnet Community Center
• Richman Community Center
• Orangethrope Center
• Fullerton Tennis Center
• Fullerton Pooch Park
The City has postponed all public events as recommended by State health officials, until further notice.
Although these facilities are closed, essential City services will continue running either online, by drop-off, pick-up, phone or email. Below is a list of services that will continue to be available to the public:
Call 911 for emergencies
Fullerton Police Department – 714-738-6800
• The Police Department front counter will remain open for email and phone ONLY. To report a crime please call 714-738-6716.
Fullerton Fire Department – 714-738-6500
• Fire administration office will be closed to the public. Phone line will be open for general Fire and hazmat inquiries.
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES DEPARTMENT
The Utility Services cashier counter is closed to the public. Water bill payments can be processed online. The following phone lines are open for questions/information:
Water Billing – 714-738-6890
Business Licenses and Permit Fees – 714-738-6531 or 714-738-5326 or emailing
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
• Planning counter closed for in-person visits.
• Plan checks/reviews and development applications can be accepted via email at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Building & Safety Division
• Building counter closed for in-person visits.
• Permit applications, submission of plan checks, and inspections available by email or by postal service ONLY. Please call 714-738-6543 for questions or more information about
• Inspections will continue to occur, however, out of an abundance of caution, if you are ill, we would ask that you refrain from scheduling inspections. Inspectors will only inspect exterior elements of the building or interiors if the building is currently unoccupied.
Code Enforcement Division
• Office closed for in-person visits.
• Overnight parking restrictions are being eased and non-health and safety code enforcement is being suspended.
• Water and electric shut offs are suspended.
• Phone line open for general inquiries and request for inspections, please call 714-773 5704.
Economic Development and Housing Divisions
• Offices closed for in-person visits.
• For questions or information on economic development projects, please call 714-738-6837.
Housing & Community Rehabilitation Program
• Please call 714-738-6544 for application process information.
INFORMATION FOR BUSINESSES
The State has ordered that all bars, clubs, theaters, entertainment centers, and fitness centers, and other non-essential businesses be closed until further notice. Restaurants will be permitted to serve take out or delivery food only and grocery stores may remain open.
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
Please call 714-738-6845 or email email@example.com for information and updates regarding permits.
• Trash pick-up will continue as usual. No service interruption expected at this time.
• Fullerton trash hauler, Republic Services is also taking proactive measures to ensure that they can continue providing essential services.
• Trash collection services will continue without interruption. For questions or more information, please visit Republic Services website or call 714-738-6890.
City Service Requests
• Service requests for non-emergency issues can be submitted through the City’s “myFullerton” app. This service can we used to report potholes, graffiti removal, illegal dumping, and street light malfunctions, among other issues.
• Issues may also be reported by phone at 714-738-6897 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Graffiti Removal Hotline will continue to be in service – 714-738-3108.
• The Airport Administration building, lobby, and restaurant (Wings Café) are closed until further notice.
• Flight training activities at Fullerton Flight schools are suspended at this time.
• Runway/taxiway and associated airfield lighting will remain open.
• The Air Traffic Center is on a 7:00am to 9:00pm normal schedule seven (7) days a week.
PARKS & RECREATION DEPARTMENT
• Phone line for Parks & Recreation Administration Office will be open for inquiries: 714-773-0861
• Phone line for the Fullerton Community Center is also open for inquiries: 714-738-6575.
• All Parks and Recreation programs, special events, and activities in parks and facilities are temporarily suspended. Visit the Fullerton Community Center website for updates.
• Parks will remain open, except for the Fullerton Pooch Park. All park equipment will be cleaned on a regular basis to maintain sanitary conditions. The City encourages all park users to take proactive measures and practice social distancing.
• The Meals on Wheels program at the Fullerton Community Center will be delivering meals to seniors. Please contact 714-738-6575 or email email@example.com for more information.
• The Wednesday and Thursday Farmer’s Markets are currently being modified to ensure
compliance with current CDC guidelines.
FULLERTON PUBLIC LIBRARY
• Staff will be available to answer questions from the public by phone at 714-738-6333 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Questions regarding your library account can be emailed to email@example.com.
• Residents can still access Library services digital at https://www.fullertonlibrary.org/borrow/digital_content/default.asp
• City Council meetings will take place as planned. As a precaution to reduce community spread of COVID-19, the City is implementing social distancing standards, and encouraging residents to watch meetings live on Spectrum Channel 3, U-verse Channel 99, and on the City’s website.
• Public comments can be submitted in advance of a regularly scheduled City Council meeting at firstname.lastname@example.org
• The City is currently exploring teleconferencing options for City Councilmembers and City Council meetings in accordance with the Governor’s Executive Order. City Council meetings will now be posted on the City’s YouTube Channel within 24 hours after meeting closure.
For more information and the latest status of City services, visit the City website at www.cityofullerton.com/coronavirus. Updates will be shared regularly through the City’s Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages.
To learn more about the Coronavirus, visit the Orange County Health Care Agency website to get the most up-to-date, accurate information about COVID-19.
Categories: Local News