Here are some events happening in an around Fullerton during the week of August 15-21:
Tuesday, August 16
- Fullerton City Council Meeting (5:30pm): Agenda items include: Walk on Wilshire Outdoor Dining discussion, Public encroachment at 100 N. Harbor, Joint Use Agreement with Fullerton School District for field use, street funding programming. Fullerton City Hall Council Chambers. 303 W. Commonwealth, Fullerton. Members of the public can access meetings streamed live online at https://fullerton.legistar.com, on Spectrum Cable Channel 3 and AT&T U-Verse Channel 99.
- Summer Stroll through the Arboretum (6:30-8:30): Take a relaxing evening stroll through the plant collections. The Friends of the Fullerton Arboretum are hosting complimentary refreshments and live music by students from CSUF School of Music. Free for members* and $10 for non-members. Check in at the front gate – you can also purchase/renew your membership the evening of the stroll. 1900 Associated Rd. Fullerton.
Wednesday, August 17
- Fullerton’s Certified Farmers Market (8:30am-12:30pm): Shop for farm fresh organic fruit, vegetables, food vendors, and more. Fullerton Community Center. 340 W. Commonwealth Ave. Support local farmers.
- Free Movie Matinee at the Fullerton Public Library (2pm-5pm): Screening of Inside Man. Library Conference Center. 353 W. Commonwealth Ave. Fullerton.
- Outdoor Yoga at the Muckenthaler (6pm-7pm): Enjoy a yoga class on the spacious lawn of the Muckenthaler Cultural Center. Feel the breeze, and listen to the birds as you gently flow in nature. This is an all levels class so don’t worry if you can’t touch your toes. Donation recommended. Bring a mat, water and a blanket. Cost: Whatever you care to donate. 1201 W Malvern Ave.
Thursday, August 18
- Downtown City Plaza Market (4:30-8:30pm): Delicious food & live music to enjoy. Fullerton Museum Plaza. 125 E. Wilshire Ave. Musical performance by The Belairs.
- Take3 at the Muckenthaler Cultural Center (7:30-9:30pm): With a flair for the wild and unexpected, the genre-defying trio brings the refinement of a rigorous classical music background and infuses it with rock-star charisma. $30 general, $20 student, $15 member. 1201 W Malvern Ave, Fullerton. To learn more call (714) 738-6595 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, August 19
- Summer Concert In The Park (6:30-8:30pm): Featuring Bubba and the Big Bad Blues. Fullerton Sports Complex at 560 Silver Pine Street. The location is just off Bastanchury between Harbor and Brea Boulevard. Bring your own picnic blanket or chair.
Sunday, August 21
- Free Neighborhood Jazz Concert (4pm-6pm): Josh Wood’s jazz combo will play from. Join neighbors on the lawn–bring a blanket or some chairs and make a picnic of it. Bring your own beverages and some free snacks and beverages will be available, too. Plenty of easy parking. Casual, fun neighborhood atmosphere. St. Andrews Episcopal Church. 1231 E. Chapman Ave. Fullerton.
Categories: Local News